Halo Fix-G Track Hub
An ever present headache with “normal fixed hubs” is the assembly of a drive cog that is attached by a thread being pulled in both directions by the pedal torque. Of course, the traditional solution to avoiding the cog unwinding itself from the hub in the reverse direction is a left hand threaded lockring, butted up tight against the cog.
But, as many riders have found out, this historic system can be relatively volatile.
Halo thought… there has to be a better way:
A splined hub body (with cogs that slide on) and an independent lockring… that never has to handle rotational forces from the drive.
The Halo Fix-G hub features a fixed HG spline machined as part of the alloy main hub body*, with a conventional internal thread for a standard HG type lockring (with easy tool fittings).
+ options L/H side for conventional fixed or freewheel threads.
Halo Fix-G advantages:
- Easy and secure fixing & servicing.
- Adjustable chainline, 42-52mm
- Twin cog option (can run 2 cogs together.)
- Accepts from 12T + cogs (for compact gearing).
- No need for chainwhip tools.
- Hi-polish custom CNC machined hub shell,
- HG type fixed spline.
- Japanese sealed bearings.
- Hollow M10 Cr-Mo axle.
- 120mm spacing.
- 22mm “Large cone-faces” to avoid damage to frame.
- Supplied with cog spacers and alloy lockring.
- Laser log
- 32H, 36H or 48H
- HG Fixed/Fixed or HG Fixed/Freewheel types.
*Note: Must ONLY ever be used with “7mm base Wide Foot” cogs (to avoid the cog biting into the alloy splines on the hub) such as:
Halo "Fat Foot" 1/8" cogs
Gusset “Double Six” 5/64" cogs
Regular width HG cogs should NEVER be used.